Tuesday, 13 January 2009

Snatch thief nabbed

A SNATCH thief was caught red-handed by his victim when he ran out of a bank after snatching a purse from a customer in Muar recently.

Chew Wee Teck, 27, an employee of a glass shop, said he had gone to the Public Bank in Jalan Abdullah with his mother and sister at 11.45am. He had held his wallet containing RM20, an identity card and other documents in his hand.

"Suddenly, someone snatched the wallet from my hand. I shouted and this drew the attention of other bank customers.

"I chased after the thief followed by the rest who saw the incident. However, I slipped and fell, injuring my face, legs and hands.

" However, I continued the chase for about 50m until I apprehended the man. I recovered my wallet and the thief was handed over to the police."

Bakri member of parliament Er Teck Hwa called on the police to intensify patrols in town, especially at banks, during the Chinese New Year.

NST : JohorBuzz

No comments:

Post a Comment